Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Grendel noob builds an AR
#13
Thank you

I make Kydex holsters and other Kydex creations so I have a specialized oven in my shop I use. It's about the size of a large microwave or convection oven. It worked perfect for all the rifle parts except the barrel and handguard which I just put in the kitchen oven. Plastic parts
also get baked just at lower temps and degreasing is done with simple green instead of acetone.

I've seen people convert old school lockers for ovens using tinfoil and toaster oven guts.

In the future I'm going to copy an idea I saw online using a smoker oven from Walmart dedicated only to Cerakote and lined with some ceramic floor tiles like my Kydex oven. Even the longest barrels should fit in that.

I did see some other nice scope options in Optics Planet. I definitely like the Athlon scopes. First I've seen of them.

I'll have to look into the mid gas. Having owned and loaded the (wild cat) 300 Whisper years back I'm used to tinkering and tuning loads. Back then AA1680 for subs and H110 for supers wasn't exactly figured out yet so there was a lot of trial and error with a host of pistol powders.

I'd hate to have to buy another barrel already so if it's just a matter of finding a pet load I'll go that route. If I'm looking at ruined brass and bolts then a new barrel it is. Or another gas port drilled.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Grendel noob builds an AR - by Snowhack - 03-16-2019, 12:24 AM
Grendel noob builds an AR - by Cereal Thriller - 03-16-2019, 11:47 AM
Grendel noob builds an AR - by Snowhack - 03-16-2019, 02:31 PM
Grendel noob builds an AR - by Popeye212 - 03-16-2019, 03:39 PM
Grendel noob builds an AR - by BCHunter - 03-16-2019, 10:06 PM
Grendel noob builds an AR - by Snowhack - 03-17-2019, 03:20 AM
Grendel noob builds an AR - by Snowhack - 03-17-2019, 03:49 AM
Grendel noob builds an AR - by Growler - 03-17-2019, 03:57 AM
Grendel noob builds an AR - by Snowhack - 03-17-2019, 04:34 AM
Grendel noob builds an AR - by BCHunter - 03-17-2019, 12:00 PM
Grendel noob builds an AR - by Cereal Thriller - 03-17-2019, 01:31 PM
Grendel noob builds an AR - by Snowhack - 03-17-2019, 02:57 PM
Grendel noob builds an AR - by Snowhack - 03-18-2019, 02:29 PM
Grendel noob builds an AR - by Snowhack - 03-20-2019, 01:46 AM
Grendel noob builds an AR - by Cereal Thriller - 03-25-2019, 06:23 PM
Grendel noob builds an AR - by OneHitWonder - 03-26-2019, 03:47 AM
Grendel noob builds an AR - by CaptnC - 03-26-2019, 11:18 AM
Grendel noob builds an AR - by Popeye212 - 03-26-2019, 03:21 PM
Grendel noob builds an AR - by Snowhack - 03-26-2019, 05:52 PM
Grendel noob builds an AR - by Snowhack - 04-14-2019, 02:35 PM
Grendel noob builds an AR - by Snowhack - 04-15-2019, 07:52 PM
Grendel noob builds an AR - by Cereal Thriller - 04-18-2019, 01:59 AM
Grendel noob builds an AR - by Snowhack - 04-18-2019, 07:57 PM
Grendel noob builds an AR - by Snowhack - 04-26-2019, 01:16 AM
Grendel noob builds an AR - by Snowhack - 04-27-2019, 12:14 AM
Grendel noob builds an AR - by Rosecrans1 - 04-27-2019, 01:40 AM
Grendel noob builds an AR - by Growler - 04-27-2019, 03:52 AM
Grendel noob builds an AR - by Snowhack - 04-28-2019, 02:48 PM
Grendel noob builds an AR - by Jeepster18_88 - 04-28-2019, 05:48 PM
Grendel noob builds an AR - by Popeye212 - 04-28-2019, 10:45 PM
Grendel noob builds an AR - by Snowhack - 04-29-2019, 03:38 PM
Grendel noob builds an AR - by Snowhack - 04-29-2019, 03:41 PM
Grendel noob builds an AR - by Snowhack - 04-29-2019, 08:56 PM
Grendel noob builds an AR - by Michael-95037 - 05-04-2019, 02:44 AM
Grendel noob builds an AR - by Snowhack - 05-04-2019, 04:19 PM
Grendel noob builds an AR - by Snowhack - 06-02-2019, 03:46 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)