Another FTF post
#11
Problem solved. I was beginning to regret going with the 6.5 Grendel. There didn't seem to be a solution to the problem. The folks at Sanders armory worked with me to get it fixed. Their customer service is top shelf. The solution was to remove the really nice brake/comp. I have spent hours and hours searching every post related to the problem, and never saw anything about the muzzle device causing this type of problem. The comp works great to control muzzle rise and recoil. The rifle felt like shooting a semi auto .22 lr. The theory is that the comp was actually robbing gas pressure from the action. I'm not sure, but I think the short distance from the gas port to the muzzle played a part. I was ready to drill out the port and use an adjustable block, but he(sanders) insisted that it should be working as is. They have sold this setup before, and they worked. All I know is that before, it was barely spitting the brass 3 or 4 feet to the 5 o'clock angle, wouldn't lock back on last round, and was getting FTF frequently(continuously in colder temps). I had bought a CPD 10 rd mag, and read of some problems with them, so I bought an E-Lander 10 rd. No change, in fact I like the CPD better. I had to "smooth out" some places on the E-Lander where it was scratching up the brass, and was very hard to push rounds out with my fingers. (old fingers).
I had done every check and trick I could find on the web, to no avail. Removed the comp,and VOILA.
Locks back on last round, brass is landing in a nice pile 10 ft away between 3 and 4 o'clock. POI changed a tad, had to re zero the thermal scope, and haven't shot any "groups" yet, but it tracked perfectly while zeroing the scope. I am only using a thread protector for now, but will install a new bird cage when it gets here.
I AM MUCH HAPPIER. Gary
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Another FTF post - by gwtx - 03-03-2019, 12:23 AM
Another FTF post - by FRB6.5 - 03-03-2019, 05:29 AM
Another FTF post - by gwtx - 03-03-2019, 01:32 PM
Another FTF post - by Bigs28 - 03-03-2019, 01:47 PM
Another FTF post - by Mad Charlie - 03-03-2019, 02:17 PM
Another FTF post - by gwtx - 03-03-2019, 11:03 PM
Another FTF post - by Jakegsxr11 - 03-04-2019, 03:26 AM
Another FTF post - by gwtx - 03-04-2019, 03:36 AM
Another FTF post - by FRB6.5 - 03-04-2019, 04:31 AM
Another FTF post - by gwtx - 03-04-2019, 05:00 AM
Another FTF post - by gwtx - 03-08-2019, 03:52 AM
Another FTF post - by FRB6.5 - 03-08-2019, 05:26 AM
Another FTF post - by Mad Charlie - 03-08-2019, 09:31 AM
Another FTF post - by gwtx - 03-08-2019, 03:25 PM
Another FTF post - by lazyengineer - 03-08-2019, 04:05 PM
Another FTF post - by Mad Charlie - 03-08-2019, 04:25 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)