Actual Howa mini action weight, 22” barrel and 24” proof carbon.
#1
Stock action is 23.5 oz, without action screws, just the action and bolt.

Bolt itself is 9.5 oz leaving the action steel at 14.5 oz.

The 22” barrel is 2 lb 3 oz (35 oz).

The 20” lightweight barreled action I weighed against the 22” was 4 oz lighter so that barrel is 1 lb 15 oz or 31 oz.

I just had a 24” proof carbon sendero contour screwed onto my action and threaded muzzle end with brake and thread protector. With just thread protector it translates into 2 lb 12.5 oz(44.5 oz) barrel....the blank came at 3lb 1 oz, so it lost 4.5 oz in threading and chambering etc.

So installed the proof barrel 9.5 oz heavier than the 22” #2 contour, or 13.5 oz heavier than the 20” #1 contour.

I had my action slabbed, bolt fluted and bolt handle hollowed for a 1.5 oz reduction to each. Action weighs 20.5 oz now. I also had 7 oz milled out of the mdt lss chassis which brought it down to 1 lb 6 oz. total reduction off the middle of it then 10 oz...and adding 9.5 oz back on the front end...goal achieved in trying to get more weight out front balance while maintaining hunt weight build.

Still waiting for some parts like rings but will he breaking this one in soon. Chrony data comparison will be available to cz 527 American 24” and also my 20” unmolested Howa in and mdt lss.

Slowly but surely I’ll get the data for the horde. Note, that barrel just clears the channel of the mdt lss...no filing necessary, just gets close the last 2” of chassis. Looks good in the channel. Barrel is a fatty for sure.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Actual Howa mini action weight, 22” barrel and 24” proof carbon. - by Stinky Coyote - 02-15-2019, 05:48 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)