Howa grendel mag spring
#12
grayfox Wrote:If you can make a shorter spring out of the wire for your shorty-mag and use the full length in your full mag... might be easier.

Edit to add -- wild thought out of the blue... for that short mag, what about the spring from a savage or other 3/4-rounder mag, fit up to your howa follower? just totally brainstorming off the wall...

If I had one too try I would. Don't want to drop cash on one and it be a waist. I did order up the spring wire from brownells, so hopefully I can get it worked out sometime next week.

I did bust open my rem sportsman 78 270 too get a few messurments of the flat spring in it. But it's way to wide to fit in the howa mag. I would destroy it trying too shave it down to be slim enough to fit the howa mag body.

If the spring wire I ordered works I will make up a bunch and stash them and if a member should lose are break one of theirs I can fix them up.

But if it doesn't work well may have to make some changes in the gun safe. I wont keep a rifle I can't get or make parts for.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Howa grendel mag spring - by A5BLASTER - 02-14-2019, 04:28 AM
Howa grendel mag spring - by Sticks - 02-14-2019, 11:36 AM
Howa grendel mag spring - by A5BLASTER - 02-14-2019, 01:45 PM
Howa grendel mag spring - by hill37 - 02-14-2019, 02:58 PM
Howa grendel mag spring - by A5BLASTER - 02-14-2019, 03:22 PM
Howa grendel mag spring - by grayfox - 02-14-2019, 05:55 PM
Howa grendel mag spring - by A5BLASTER - 02-14-2019, 06:55 PM
Howa grendel mag spring - by VASCAR2 - 02-14-2019, 09:33 PM
Howa grendel mag spring - by VASCAR2 - 02-14-2019, 09:50 PM
Howa grendel mag spring - by A5BLASTER - 02-14-2019, 10:50 PM
Howa grendel mag spring - by grayfox - 02-15-2019, 12:04 AM
Howa grendel mag spring - by A5BLASTER - 02-15-2019, 12:26 AM
Howa grendel mag spring - by grayfox - 02-15-2019, 02:07 AM
Howa grendel mag spring - by A5BLASTER - 02-15-2019, 02:39 AM
Howa grendel mag spring - by Sticks - 02-15-2019, 11:35 AM
Howa grendel mag spring - by A5BLASTER - 02-15-2019, 01:45 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)