Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Mil dot holdover???
#9
neandrakall Wrote:Thanks Guys!! Good input. So if I zero my scope at 300 yards, will I have to hold under for say a 100 or 150 yard shot? And once I begin reloading I plan on setting my rifle up for one specific load. Weather it is 100gr or a bit larger. Maybe you have some good input on that as well?? As soon as winter breaks I will be at the range using this info that has been given to me.

Zero yardage is what works best for you and your particular application, and / or what you're accustomed to.

In my case, my shooting background stems primarily from hunting. For many years, I used the common medium game cartridges (.270, 30-06, etc) with common hunting scopes (3-9x with duplex reticle) sighted in for 200 yards, which enabled shots out to ~250 yards without much thought using a center hold. And though both me and my equipment have evolved, that same 200-yard zero still works in most of my hunting applications. It's what works best for me, but not necessarily for everyone.
Drifter
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Mil dot holdover??? - by neandrakall - 01-31-2012, 01:24 AM
Mil dot holdover??? - by Drifter - 01-31-2012, 04:20 AM
Mil dot holdover??? - by LR1955 - 01-31-2012, 01:22 PM
Mil dot holdover??? - by Drifter - 01-31-2012, 03:00 PM
Mil dot holdover??? - by LR1955 - 01-31-2012, 10:31 PM
Mil dot holdover??? - by Drifter - 02-01-2012, 12:17 AM
Mil dot holdover??? - by LR1955 - 02-01-2012, 01:40 AM
Mil dot holdover??? - by neandrakall - 02-01-2012, 01:40 AM
Mil dot holdover??? - by Drifter - 02-01-2012, 04:15 AM
Mil dot holdover??? - by LRRPF52 - 02-01-2012, 05:23 AM
Mil dot holdover??? - by LR1955 - 02-01-2012, 01:28 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)