Lastrites & grayfox & all- OK I assembled the receiver, barrel and nut again, no washers. I have 0.1" axial play to take up with only about a 1/32" between receiver face and nut face. That's too much shimming? It's a $59.99 BCA 16" parkerized 6.5 type II and an upper from JoeBob's . Neither of those are suspect although barrel extension is by no means a tight fit. The nut has 1.06" across flats. from what I gather it should be 15/16" but whatever. I'm stubborn so swapping out handguard is option C. Option A is shim the 0.10". Option B is buy a domestic NSR nut and hope screw spacing length wise are the same. I'm thinking a new nut. Any thoughts? Thanks again.
This is all dry fitting. I'm a ways from doing any final assembly. Need to machine lower and spend a few more bucks on misc.
This is all dry fitting. I'm a ways from doing any final assembly. Need to machine lower and spend a few more bucks on misc.

