01-19-2019, 02:54 PM
I run or used to run Badger extended latches, strike Industries, Raptor, Geissele Super and several knockoff raptors from Henderson Defense, Stag, and a gun show find. I prefer the ambi handles and if you run a forward assist it has stick out to clear.
The Badger latch sticks out the most, best for big scopes & big gloves. Also the most likely to snag on something.
Strike Ind. is well made for the price and has a nice lip for gas management, not ambi.
The gun show clone has gotten loose and doesn’t use std. roll pins, was gonna try to fix it but just replaced it with a $15 Stag clone, will see how long it lasts. I just picked up the Stag last Black Friday.
The Henderson Defense has only been on for a year but seems to be holding up well. It’s made of 7075 aluminum like the pricey name brand ones. About $20 when I got mine.
Price aside, the Geissele is my favorite, good shape good feel and a good gas mgmt. lip.
The Badger latch sticks out the most, best for big scopes & big gloves. Also the most likely to snag on something.
Strike Ind. is well made for the price and has a nice lip for gas management, not ambi.
The gun show clone has gotten loose and doesn’t use std. roll pins, was gonna try to fix it but just replaced it with a $15 Stag clone, will see how long it lasts. I just picked up the Stag last Black Friday.
The Henderson Defense has only been on for a year but seems to be holding up well. It’s made of 7075 aluminum like the pricey name brand ones. About $20 when I got mine.
Price aside, the Geissele is my favorite, good shape good feel and a good gas mgmt. lip.

