Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
My FedEx and UPS driver are going to hate me but my Grendel is almost finished.
#6
Yes I agree about double boxing or at least use small print on the box. Ordered a crossbow in Dec. UPS was to deliver it and I watched the tracking and it said that it would deliver on Friday. I arranged my week so I could be home all day on Friday. Came home Thursday and sitting on my porch was my bow in a box that had it's name printed in 10" letters that a blind man could read from a long way off. Just luck someone did not 'borrow" it. It has been about 35 years ago when this happened. I had bought an AMT Hard baller 1911 style 45 ACP pistol and had problems with the extractor not being right. I sent it back to AMT through UPS. I kept waiting what I thought was a reasonable time for them to get it and replace the extractor and send it back to me 10 times. Wait was 3 weeks. I call AMT and they say they shipped it back 2 weeks ago I should contact UPS and see what was going on. I get in touch with UPS and they say it was delivered, I get this sick feeling. I run down the local UPS delivery guy the next day and ask him if he remembers making a delivery to my address. He says yes, he left it by the down stairs door on the side of my house. I told him that there was supposed to be a signature for delivery. He said that if no one is at home they usually just leave it anyway. I go home and take another look. I had two down stairs basement doors and one MAIN door to the house up stairs. I found my pistol sitting up on the 8 foot high retaining wall that leads down to the basement on the side of the house that we never used that door. It had been there for 2 weeks and it had rained 2 or 3 times on it. Just lucky it was a stainless pistol. I contacted UPS and they just kind of blew me off making it sound like it was my fault for not finding it sooner. I also had to make a delivery for FedX once. I was at my Dad's house to check on him as I did every day and I saw a FedX truck at the church next to my Dad's house. When I was leaving Dad's house I noticed two pretty large boxes laying in the middle of the church parking lot. I go over and see that the address in a clothing store in town. I load them up and take them to the address and the FedX truck is there. Told the driver I found them laying in the middle of the church parking lot woman driver says, "There they are", when I walk in with a box, "I forgot and left my door open and they must have fell out". Well duh! She never said thank you, kiss my foot or anything.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
My FedEx and UPS driver are going to hate me but my Grendel is almost finished. - by 1Shot - 01-17-2019, 01:31 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)