01-14-2019, 11:17 PM
SHORT-N-SASSY Wrote:Steve,
Good Show !
Thank you!!
ricsmall Wrote:Looking pretty good so far.
Thank you, I'm very pleased!
VASCAR2 Wrote:Looks like IBI are great barrels! Thanks for posting.
Yes, I've got one on a 527 in .223 and it's a drill, groups in the .3's pretty steady.
cwlongshot Wrote:Looks promising for sure!
How do you like the MTR?
CW
I love the MTR, I pillar bedded it and it has a pet load worked up with a 108 Scenar that is 1/2moa
Billinthedesert Wrote:Those are going to work out great. Neat to hear about the Trigger Tech trigger.
It feels like shooting a bolt gun with that trigger.
Sixoeight Wrote:Out of curiosity what makes it NR vs R?
The AR15 is restricted by name, so any variants of it get classed the same. From what I understand, if they can even make an AR15 upper fit on a candidate non-restricted lower with duct tape and fire one shot, it won't get NR status. On this particular receiver set, the upper drops on and slides back about an inch just like a pistol slide. Then just in front of the magazine well, there is a hex head bolt up into a lug that hangs down from the upper. I actually like the set up, there is zero play between the upper and lower. One 3/16" wrench and 15 seconds and the upper is off.
I shot some handloads today, and I'm stoked!!!! I didn't have as much time as I hoped for and was getting chased by the setting sun. I managed a .385" five shot group with XBR and 120 Scenar. I loaded five more of those and put four into .56" and the fifth opened it up to .790". I then tried some 95vmax loads I had made up for my 527 American and put five into .675". I couldn't ask for better performance, considering how little effort I put into load testing. Conditions were -9C or 15F.

