Poll: Do you use Wolf Steel Case Ammo?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No
34.88%
15 34.88%
Yes and I managed to get tight groups.
9.30%
4 9.30%
Yes just for plinking?
55.81%
24 55.81%
Total 43 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Do you use Wolf Ammo and Why do many seem to think its bad? Whats the best group u go
#6
Armadillo66 Wrote:So far in my 18" heavy barrel it shoots & functions really good. Tried a 24rnd mag dump with it, no problem.
1 1/2" 5 shot group at 100yds is the best I have done with it. At 600yds, my grandson was ringing the gong all afternoon with the Wolf. Affordable way for a kid to learn to shoot distance.
Accuracy wise, it and Hornady Black have been about the same in my gun.
I carefully cleaned the chamber and bore after shooting it, and quite frankly, it was not bad for residue at all.
I have some 130gr Berger Federal Premium, it is really tight group accurate, but it is also 5x the price of the Wolf/20rnds
I wish the Wolf was available with a 120-125gr FMJ as well

I have similar experience with Wolf steel case, hitting a milk jug consistently at a bit over 300 yards. 24" heavy barrel, and with no malfunctions at all. Like Armadillo says, is an inexpensive way to get some practice in, or just to shoot something. I don't normally shoot it much.

I meant to say before posting, that I still don't quite follow where the damage to the barrel might occur with the steel cased stuff. That, and its inaccuracy, seem to be the 2 biggest barriers for not having widespread use.
If the Democrats had been in power when this country was founded, we'd be the British.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Do you use Wolf Ammo and Why do many seem to think its bad? Whats the best group u go - by TomSawyerNW - 01-11-2019, 07:32 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)