Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue
#35
Wideglide, I hope all is well. I thought I'd let you know that I resolved the issue I was having with my 12" Faxon pistol build by drilling the port out from .075 to .077. I have a drill press but kept it simple using a hand drill with a depth stop on the bit, similar to what is shown in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KInGRI3jx9A. It was my first time doing that so I was a little reluctant, but it was super easy and only took about a minute once I had everything set up.

Given my experience, I think your 0.0595" gas port is wayyy too small and must be the culprit. I just finished a 5.56 16" midlength Ballistic advantage pencil barrel build and am thinking I may have to drill that gas port out as well since it's ejecting at about 4-5 o'clock with a standard carbine buffer. It seems BA is tending to undersize their gas ports, although I have an 18" midlength hanson profile in .223 wylde that has performed exceptionally right out of the box.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by wideglidejoe - 03-10-2018, 04:06 PM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by Drillboss - 03-10-2018, 04:14 PM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by wideglidejoe - 03-10-2018, 04:51 PM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by BluntForceTrauma - 03-10-2018, 04:57 PM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by grayfox - 03-10-2018, 05:07 PM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by Drillboss - 03-10-2018, 05:09 PM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by 98Z - 03-10-2018, 05:50 PM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by wideglidejoe - 03-11-2018, 04:01 AM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by Lakeray - 03-11-2018, 09:14 AM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by Lakeray - 03-11-2018, 09:15 AM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by wideglidejoe - 03-12-2018, 06:35 PM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by rabiddawg - 03-12-2018, 09:10 PM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by wideglidejoe - 03-13-2018, 02:41 AM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by 98Z - 03-13-2018, 03:49 AM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by rabiddawg - 03-13-2018, 11:11 AM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by wideglidejoe - 03-13-2018, 07:55 PM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by wideglidejoe - 03-13-2018, 08:07 PM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by 98Z - 03-14-2018, 07:47 PM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by Dcommoncents - 03-19-2018, 02:52 PM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by 98Z - 03-22-2018, 04:53 AM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by Sandstorm - 03-22-2018, 05:10 AM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by Lastrites - 03-22-2018, 10:34 AM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by Dcommoncents - 03-22-2018, 01:38 PM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by Dcommoncents - 03-22-2018, 01:42 PM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by Stuffandguns - 03-31-2018, 05:24 PM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by wideglidejoe - 04-02-2018, 08:32 AM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by Kswhitetails - 04-02-2018, 02:34 PM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by wideglidejoe - 04-02-2018, 03:41 PM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by Kswhitetails - 04-02-2018, 05:16 PM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by wideglidejoe - 04-02-2018, 05:42 PM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by wideglidejoe - 04-05-2018, 03:33 AM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by Kswhitetails - 04-05-2018, 01:30 PM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by wideglidejoe - 04-05-2018, 05:13 PM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by 98Z - 04-07-2018, 09:27 PM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by Dcommoncents - 01-09-2019, 05:53 PM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by jurassic - 01-10-2019, 01:19 AM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by Dcommoncents - 01-10-2019, 01:37 AM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by LRRPF52 - 01-10-2019, 04:50 PM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by Dcommoncents - 01-10-2019, 05:12 PM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by wideglidejoe - 03-29-2019, 12:34 AM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by grayfox - 03-29-2019, 12:52 AM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by wideglidejoe - 11-07-2019, 01:18 AM
6.5 Grendel Pistol Issue - by VASCAR2 - 11-07-2019, 01:07 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)