Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Are there any benefits to stainless steel barrel in a Grendel
#13
well I put my 2ct on this Nitride/Melonite, I have a Brux M40 contour SS barrel in 308win, and from my understanding from my gunsmith who did the work Meloniting is the best thing you can do to a SS or any other barrel, Nitride/Melonite is a chemical bath that impregnates carbon into the metal! This process makes the barrel last a lot longer and aids in rust prevention, it has other great properties as well, I can tell you this, with my hand loads this rifle will shoot 1/4moa @200m consistently! my thoughts on this process of Nitride/Melonite will be done or I will purchase a barrel that has had this done way before I will use a barrel that has not been Nitride or Melonited, to me this process in necessary, I don't what to be replacing barrels any sooner then I have too my 2ctCool
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Are there any benefits to stainless steel barrel in a Grendel - by Mark611 - 01-08-2019, 08:38 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)