Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
I am ready to join the 6.5 crew but can't find an upper n stock.
#18
I vote build and get a quality barrel and the group buy barrels seem to be quality for very low cost comparatively. You may get lucky with the roll of the dice with the cheap $300ish uppers but you may not like I did with my first Grendel. Lots of frustration and effort sending it back and waiting on return and ended up spending more than a really good upper would have cost in the end count ammo wasted, gas to range etc. Actually did spend more than I did to build my second Grendel with a Oden Works barrel group that cost more than I paid for the original BCA upper including purchasing a torque wrench. If you have one close Harbor Freight Tools has foot pound and inch pound torque wrenches for about $20 each and even cheaper with a coupon they are always sending out. I wish I would have known about the group buy barrels when I did my build would have saved me over $100. By the way you can't have just ONE Grendel so you might as well get the tools to build with.Big Grin
Reply


Messages In This Thread
I am ready to join the 6.5 crew but can't find an upper n stock. - by 1Shot - 01-06-2019, 08:40 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)