01-04-2019, 09:16 PM
I took my brand new 20" BCA upper to the range yesterday afternoon to get it on paper.
I was shooting the Hornady ammunition that is specifically loaded for Sportsman's warehouse. It is a 123grn HPBT ~2550fps at the muzzle(that's what Hornady claims)
I got the rifle to near center on the 100yd target and was pretty happy with how the upper is shooting. All the rounds went in the direction they were aimed and the upper and the ACS magazines were functioning very well.
I have a DPMS GII Hunter in .308 that I shoot long range with, the DPMS is incredibly accurate when I do my part to properly shoot it.
I used the same technique with the BCA upper and I am very happy to see the upper shooting less than MOA at 100yds. Sub MOA with commercial ammunition is pretty exciting for me because I can imagine what I can do with reloading.
I was worried about all the negative reviews I was finding everywhere. I got a shooter.
I also fell in love with the 6.5 Grendel round yesterday, all bark and no bite, easy to shoot and more obvious power out of an AR15 platform.
I know when I save up some more money, I will be doing my best to get in on the group buys on this forum. I want more!
I was shooting the Hornady ammunition that is specifically loaded for Sportsman's warehouse. It is a 123grn HPBT ~2550fps at the muzzle(that's what Hornady claims)
I got the rifle to near center on the 100yd target and was pretty happy with how the upper is shooting. All the rounds went in the direction they were aimed and the upper and the ACS magazines were functioning very well.
I have a DPMS GII Hunter in .308 that I shoot long range with, the DPMS is incredibly accurate when I do my part to properly shoot it.
I used the same technique with the BCA upper and I am very happy to see the upper shooting less than MOA at 100yds. Sub MOA with commercial ammunition is pretty exciting for me because I can imagine what I can do with reloading.
I was worried about all the negative reviews I was finding everywhere. I got a shooter.
I also fell in love with the 6.5 Grendel round yesterday, all bark and no bite, easy to shoot and more obvious power out of an AR15 platform.
I know when I save up some more money, I will be doing my best to get in on the group buys on this forum. I want more!

