Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Can you recommend a silencer?
#9
Depends on barrel length and purpose.

For "precision" guns I like lightweight and direct thread. For a "hard use" gun and shorter barrel a little heavier suppressor and QD mount is the way to go.

I have two Thunder Beast and both are lightweight but use a FLash Hider mount.

I also have a very lightweight direct thread QuickSilver Ti can (they are out of business) I use on a precision .308. I like that it doesn't require too much torque on the barrel threads (Rokset) and mess with harmonics

A couple companies make a "hunters" suppressor that uses material that isn't designed for full auto or prolonged shot strings. It is very light weight and direct thread. I think Gemtech and Griffin Armament make a version.

I also have a Griffin Armament M4SD-K that is VERY durable and handles full auto and short barrels no problem. Heavy can though and not something I'd use for a "precision " gun. (They make a .30cal version that can be used for 65G)

Anyway, lots of cans but decide what the rifle will be used for.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Can you recommend a silencer? - by WSAR15 - 12-30-2018, 02:19 AM
Can you recommend a silencer? - by Bigs28 - 12-30-2018, 02:51 AM
Can you recommend a silencer? - by grayfox - 12-30-2018, 02:59 AM
Can you recommend a silencer? - by aaholland - 01-01-2019, 01:09 AM
Can you recommend a silencer? - by 1Shot - 01-01-2019, 02:21 PM
Can you recommend a silencer? - by Wheelhorse - 01-01-2019, 02:28 PM
Can you recommend a silencer? - by Bearcatrp - 01-01-2019, 03:43 PM
Can you recommend a silencer? - by Breeze - 01-01-2019, 10:36 PM
Can you recommend a silencer? - by RANGER - 01-04-2019, 05:17 AM
Can you recommend a silencer? - by Klem - 01-04-2019, 10:16 AM
Can you recommend a silencer? - by RANGER - 01-05-2019, 12:20 AM
Can you recommend a silencer? - by Bearcatrp - 01-05-2019, 03:24 AM
Can you recommend a silencer? - by Klem - 01-05-2019, 03:55 AM
Can you recommend a silencer? - by RANGER - 01-05-2019, 03:43 PM
Can you recommend a silencer? - by Nodak - 01-05-2019, 09:50 PM
Can you recommend a silencer? - by Kilco - 01-06-2019, 01:20 AM
Can you recommend a silencer? - by snarkscarbine - 01-06-2019, 02:59 PM
Can you recommend a silencer? - by scroder - 01-06-2019, 04:58 PM
Can you recommend a silencer? - by STXjake - 01-07-2019, 12:16 AM
Can you recommend a silencer? - by oyster - 01-07-2019, 08:34 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)