01-03-2019, 12:17 PM
Well, I suppose that anyone who buys a budget upper and chooses to see how it well it shoots by staring out of the gate with handloads, is already on the path to spending a lot of extra time and money.
Compound that by using a bullet that is known to be picky about what barrel it shoots well out of....Some say that when the Amax was replaced by ELD, the SST accuracy went down hill. This may be true, except that I acquired several boxes of older SST factory ammo when I first started back in mid 2017, and it has not shot well out of 6 riffles (4 Howa bolt action, 24" Lilja, 18" Bartlien). All 6 shoot Hornady ELD and American Eagle 120 OTM at .7MOA or better.
I just attend a different school of thought. I try 3 or 4 flavors of factory ammo and see what the barrel likes. If it's none of the above, then I have a serious problem.
Compound that by using a bullet that is known to be picky about what barrel it shoots well out of....Some say that when the Amax was replaced by ELD, the SST accuracy went down hill. This may be true, except that I acquired several boxes of older SST factory ammo when I first started back in mid 2017, and it has not shot well out of 6 riffles (4 Howa bolt action, 24" Lilja, 18" Bartlien). All 6 shoot Hornady ELD and American Eagle 120 OTM at .7MOA or better.
I just attend a different school of thought. I try 3 or 4 flavors of factory ammo and see what the barrel likes. If it's none of the above, then I have a serious problem.
Sticks
Catchy sig line here.
Catchy sig line here.

