01-03-2019, 08:49 AM
Klem Wrote:The idea of carbon 'welding' or basically gumming up the mechanism as carbon accumulates in an AGB is real but can be avoided. Todd at SLRifleworks encourages turning their AGB closed after every range session. Clean it if you need to, and then open it again. It keeps cleaning fluids from leaking into the gas system but also cracks any carbon welding that has occurred. I use a long hex driver to adjust the AGB from the front and those two things eliminates 52's concerns about AGB's.
The Sentry 7 has 14 settings and I adjust as needed. One click further open solves the potential for stoppages caused by temperature, dirty parts and slightly different loads. As for the difference between suppressed and unsuppressed, that's a bolder adjustment of two to three clicks.
Whether an AGB is better than an ABC, I wouldn't know as I've never used an ABC.
+1
I close the setting screw and re-set it every so often when I think about it. I have experienced zero problems for several years now. They sell purpose made long hex drivers, but I made several using wood dowels and old allen wrenches.

