Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Grendel small base dies?
#1
Hi guy's got a question, I have been doing a lot of reading here + my own research else where, I have been reloading for 30+yrs so I have plenty of experience and about 10k worth of precision tooling for reloading! I'm new to the Grendel cartridge, but after a few yrs of researching and study of the 6.5 Grendel in an AR plat forum I'm ready to put together a rifle, I'm planning on using a Sanders Armory 24'' Beast Side Charging upper, {southpaw shooter} anyway my experience with shooting auto loaders and reloading them is they usually need to resized with a small base sizing die, for example my 308win Vepr I just tried to use my Redding 308win body die to resize my PPU Match brass, I loaded 3 rounds and tried them for fit and they would not go into battery! this die works perfectly in my custom built bolt gun that was cut with a match reamer in my Brux M40 barrel, after discovering the web area of the cases were not sized down enough to fit the chamber I proceeded to set up my RCBS SB dies to form the cases back to the shoulder length of some FGMM factory loaded cases, I use just for reference, and yes the web area of the PPU cases were sized down and now fit the chamber of the Vepr, I made sure of this by tearing the rifle down to visually measure the case head protrusion between the PPU brass vs the Federal Gold Metal Match factory loaded rounds, so this leads to my question on the use of small base die for the Grendel? Have any of you experienced this same issue with loading the Grendel in ur AR uppers:confused:
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Grendel small base dies? - by Mark611 - 01-01-2019, 02:10 PM
Grendel small base dies? - by A5BLASTER - 01-01-2019, 02:21 PM
Grendel small base dies? - by Wheelhorse - 01-01-2019, 02:26 PM
Grendel small base dies? - by 1Shot - 01-01-2019, 02:31 PM
Grendel small base dies? - by bj139 - 01-01-2019, 02:35 PM
Grendel small base dies? - by Mark611 - 01-01-2019, 02:41 PM
Grendel small base dies? - by bj139 - 01-01-2019, 02:46 PM
Grendel small base dies? - by Mark611 - 01-01-2019, 02:49 PM
Grendel small base dies? - by Mark611 - 01-01-2019, 03:02 PM
Grendel small base dies? - by bj139 - 01-01-2019, 03:11 PM
Grendel small base dies? - by Mark611 - 01-01-2019, 03:41 PM
Grendel small base dies? - by FW Conch - 01-01-2019, 04:10 PM
Grendel small base dies? - by Mark611 - 01-01-2019, 04:25 PM
Grendel small base dies? - by Londerko - 01-01-2019, 07:35 PM
Grendel small base dies? - by FRB6.5 - 01-01-2019, 08:27 PM
Grendel small base dies? - by Mad Charlie - 01-01-2019, 08:54 PM
Grendel small base dies? - by Londerko - 01-01-2019, 10:21 PM
Grendel small base dies? - by Mark611 - 01-02-2019, 01:57 AM
Grendel small base dies? - by coastguardchas - 06-26-2020, 09:43 PM
Grendel small base dies? - by Klem - 06-26-2020, 10:06 PM
Grendel small base dies? - by A5BLASTER - 06-26-2020, 10:25 PM
Grendel small base dies? - by FLshooter - 06-26-2020, 10:50 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)