12-28-2018, 02:21 AM
Get optics for the Grendel if you haven't yet.
I've owned 5 different large frame AR10s (ArmaLite AR10T), LR-308s, and LR-260s. There is a performance advantage with .260 Rem and 6.5 CM, but with pretty significant and noticeable recoil/weight/bulk/length penalties compared to AR15s.
I kept one of the LR-260s (custom-built by GAP with a Bartlein), and got rid of everything .308 Win. I haven't shot my .260 in years now, and it sits in pieces. Since I have so many AR15s in 6.5 Grendel, maybe I need to get the .260 Rem back together since I raped it for the Geissele trigger and some other small parts. I hate trimming brass though, which you have to do with .260 Rem. None of my fired brass is able to be loaded right now for that reason, and it eats brass pretty fast.
For recreational long-range shooting out to 1000yds, the main thing .260 or 6.5 CM do for me is make louder impacts on steel.
If you're looking for your next project, I have to agree with the above 2 posters.
I really am liking the 12" Grendel pistol so far (take it out to 800yds regularly), and I also like 9mm sub gun semi auto clones as well, suppressed.
I've been looking at the Brugger & Thomet, SiG, SP5K, and some others just for shooting steel at close range for fun, like plate racks.
A buddy of mine has an MP5K clone with tri-lug and a suppressor, Aimpoint T1 Micro RDS, with a brace. That thing is a blast on plate racks just for fun shooting.
I've owned 5 different large frame AR10s (ArmaLite AR10T), LR-308s, and LR-260s. There is a performance advantage with .260 Rem and 6.5 CM, but with pretty significant and noticeable recoil/weight/bulk/length penalties compared to AR15s.
I kept one of the LR-260s (custom-built by GAP with a Bartlein), and got rid of everything .308 Win. I haven't shot my .260 in years now, and it sits in pieces. Since I have so many AR15s in 6.5 Grendel, maybe I need to get the .260 Rem back together since I raped it for the Geissele trigger and some other small parts. I hate trimming brass though, which you have to do with .260 Rem. None of my fired brass is able to be loaded right now for that reason, and it eats brass pretty fast.
For recreational long-range shooting out to 1000yds, the main thing .260 or 6.5 CM do for me is make louder impacts on steel.
If you're looking for your next project, I have to agree with the above 2 posters.
I really am liking the 12" Grendel pistol so far (take it out to 800yds regularly), and I also like 9mm sub gun semi auto clones as well, suppressed.
I've been looking at the Brugger & Thomet, SiG, SP5K, and some others just for shooting steel at close range for fun, like plate racks.
A buddy of mine has an MP5K clone with tri-lug and a suppressor, Aimpoint T1 Micro RDS, with a brace. That thing is a blast on plate racks just for fun shooting.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
