01-26-2012, 09:47 PM
Hey all -
As you may have noticed I am new to the Grendel, courtesy of a visit to my local gun show in Ft Worth. Hadn't planned on buying but got a good deal and dove in.
I have been to the range twice with the gun and shoot very respectable groups with Alexander Arms ammunition and Hornady Amax factory loads.
Have yet to buy a set of dies and reload.
Anyhow, I got a call back from Alexander Arms today and they state that my gun was sold in 2007 to a dealer.
I see what retail is on the 24" Overwatch rifle today and I wonder how many changes the gun has been through in 5 years. Specifically chamber spec , barrel make, twists, things that matter for accuracy and function.
This is a question borne from curiosity, I haven't been disappointed yet with the gun I bought nor it's performance. The only thing I would change is the trigger....
Which leads me to my next question, the gun has the stock trigger in it. What was the stock setting in trigger pull and have any of your had "work" done to the stock trigger? What specifically was done (springs only or stoning etc...) and did you think it made a huge difference?
If you bought a drop in what do you recommend at $ 100.00 or less.
I would like a crisp break, less anticipation.
Thx,
BB
As you may have noticed I am new to the Grendel, courtesy of a visit to my local gun show in Ft Worth. Hadn't planned on buying but got a good deal and dove in.
I have been to the range twice with the gun and shoot very respectable groups with Alexander Arms ammunition and Hornady Amax factory loads.
Have yet to buy a set of dies and reload.
Anyhow, I got a call back from Alexander Arms today and they state that my gun was sold in 2007 to a dealer.
I see what retail is on the 24" Overwatch rifle today and I wonder how many changes the gun has been through in 5 years. Specifically chamber spec , barrel make, twists, things that matter for accuracy and function.
This is a question borne from curiosity, I haven't been disappointed yet with the gun I bought nor it's performance. The only thing I would change is the trigger....
Which leads me to my next question, the gun has the stock trigger in it. What was the stock setting in trigger pull and have any of your had "work" done to the stock trigger? What specifically was done (springs only or stoning etc...) and did you think it made a huge difference?
If you bought a drop in what do you recommend at $ 100.00 or less.
I would like a crisp break, less anticipation.
Thx,
BB
