12-19-2018, 02:23 PM
Welcome aboard CC!
I think you'll like the BA fluted, I have one in 20", another 20" fluted in 223 wylde, and both of them shoot really well.
The fluting makes for a nice weight.
Eventually you will want to get a better trigger, there are several options available.
Be forewarned, these Grendels tend to multiply when you're not looking!
There's a "more vertical" magpul grip, the K2+ which I like on these frames.
There are lots of bullets to choose from, from an 85gr sierra to 130-class that all reload well.
I recommend the 2-set Grendel handbooks from AR15 buildbox (section in this forum has details). They are a wealth of info in one spot, great load data and lots of history and stuff for both you and your son.
I think you'll like the BA fluted, I have one in 20", another 20" fluted in 223 wylde, and both of them shoot really well.
The fluting makes for a nice weight.
Eventually you will want to get a better trigger, there are several options available.
Be forewarned, these Grendels tend to multiply when you're not looking!
There's a "more vertical" magpul grip, the K2+ which I like on these frames.
There are lots of bullets to choose from, from an 85gr sierra to 130-class that all reload well.
I recommend the 2-set Grendel handbooks from AR15 buildbox (section in this forum has details). They are a wealth of info in one spot, great load data and lots of history and stuff for both you and your son.
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

