Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How do you bed a barrel to the upper receiver?
#25
grayfox Wrote:The other un-mentioned elephant in the room is to buy better uppers, ones that have tight or nearly (NEARLY) impossible fits, then heat them for a secure fit.
If there's a brand that gives loosey-goosey fits, get rid of it and don't buy that brand again (Klem has already discussed the good barrel, I don't bring that up again). Think of that upper as the extension to your barrel.
For me that means BCM and Aero, both of those have yielded tight fits from the git-go.
My $0.02.

I'll second this one. I only buy BCM uppers and am currently building with Aero Gen II lowers. (Aero Gen II has the tension screw to tighten upper fit.) Barrel goes in the freezer, heat gun on the upper prior to installation. Very tight fit. BCM runs a sale on their blem uppers from time to time and that is when I pick up a couple here and there for future builds.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
How do you bed a barrel to the upper receiver? - by Baroidengineer - 12-19-2018, 01:53 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)