12-18-2018, 06:40 PM
If you're doing forged receivers, the Alexander Arms receiver sets are actually squared away.
The upper faces on all the ones I've used are square out of the box, they have Mil-Std hard coat bake-on dry film lube (suspends lubricant better than straight anodized uppers), and are labeled "6.5 GREN".
For bolts, the JP Enhanced Bolt is top-shelf.
AA Hard Use bolts are top shelf, but I don't see them available on the AA website anymore.
The Precision Firearms bolts I've been using for many years now have been trouble-free and very smooth, great extractors too.
The Forum Group Buy bolts are holding up very well so far, including the one in my 12" CLGS suppressed pistol, which should be a harder set-up on the bolt than any of my rifles.
The only bolt carrier I see myself using for the foreseeable future is the Bootleg Adjustable Gas Carrier.
I have no financial connection with any of the above companies, and am making my comments solely based on real-world experience, but I'm only one man who can only walk in one path at a time. I personally choose a pretty harsh path to walk in terms of shoot schedules and conditions, and also get to see a lot more rifles that come through courses, so I base my perspective on what I've seen from those angles and share them for the benefit of everyone here.
The upper faces on all the ones I've used are square out of the box, they have Mil-Std hard coat bake-on dry film lube (suspends lubricant better than straight anodized uppers), and are labeled "6.5 GREN".
For bolts, the JP Enhanced Bolt is top-shelf.
AA Hard Use bolts are top shelf, but I don't see them available on the AA website anymore.
The Precision Firearms bolts I've been using for many years now have been trouble-free and very smooth, great extractors too.
The Forum Group Buy bolts are holding up very well so far, including the one in my 12" CLGS suppressed pistol, which should be a harder set-up on the bolt than any of my rifles.
The only bolt carrier I see myself using for the foreseeable future is the Bootleg Adjustable Gas Carrier.
I have no financial connection with any of the above companies, and am making my comments solely based on real-world experience, but I'm only one man who can only walk in one path at a time. I personally choose a pretty harsh path to walk in terms of shoot schedules and conditions, and also get to see a lot more rifles that come through courses, so I base my perspective on what I've seen from those angles and share them for the benefit of everyone here.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
