Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Most precise (and durable) ligthtweight Faxon barrel for recommendation
#21
Londerko Wrote:Supposedly less bullet deformation, better accuracy and easier to clean with the “R”

Okay...here are the facts for now:
  • Given the "easier to clean, better accuracy, less bullet deformation" fact, i feel that I *would like* true 5R
  • 5R 416 Steel is *not* available with Faxon currently...
  • I do not want to pay over $350 for barrel (some day I'll get that Lilja or JP probably, but right now im not ready to cash out $750)

Given the above facts.. what are other options there for me?
  1. still go with BA barrel which is 5 but no "R"?... so they *guarantee* subMOA... but then again i kinda like perks of 5*R*
    uh...the BA sale ends tomorrow evening so I need to decide soon :/
  2. Or go with the 18" 416 Steel Faxon 5R barrel?
    https://faxonfirearms.com/match-series-1...extension/
    ^
    can above barrel also do subMOA?
    BUT... darn...then I will not have 20" Sad
    (does anyone has any measured data on how much bullet velocity is lost for 18" vs 20" length? say for... 123gr SST? I'd appreciate that!)
    Can I shoot effectively 1km with 18" just as I would with 20"?

I'm now puzzled... anyone knows another brand who makes 416 Steel subMOA 5R grendel barrel for ~$350-ish
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Most precise (and durable) ligthtweight Faxon barrel for recommendation - by R2BRO - 12-18-2018, 03:17 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)