12-17-2018, 05:42 PM
OK, I need to clarify. I emailed with BA back in August as I was looking at their barrels, and strictly speaking they are not 5R.... but they are 5 groove button rifled barrels, according to their rep.
Quote.
"Hi John,
No problem. They are not 5R. 5R is a style of rifle, we use on the .300 blackouts. The 6.5 barrels are 5 groove button rifled barrels."
Close quote.
From Kyle Ware of bamfg.com, 8/21/18 email.
The "R" designation, I think, refers more to the geometry of the rifling ridge itself, more polygonal or sloped. So theirs are not sloped like that but are a 5-groove setup. Hope this clears up the question. Sorry for any misunderstanding.
Quote.
"Hi John,
No problem. They are not 5R. 5R is a style of rifle, we use on the .300 blackouts. The 6.5 barrels are 5 groove button rifled barrels."
Close quote.
From Kyle Ware of bamfg.com, 8/21/18 email.
The "R" designation, I think, refers more to the geometry of the rifling ridge itself, more polygonal or sloped. So theirs are not sloped like that but are a 5-groove setup. Hope this clears up the question. Sorry for any misunderstanding.
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

