Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Just ordered the Grendel a trigger!
#21
VASCAR2 Wrote:I have eight RRA NM triggers two Geissele G2S and two LaRue MBT and I like the LaRue the best. The RRA NM are not as consistent and vary on the weight from trigger to trigger. Some RRA NM are just better than others. The Geissele and LaRue seem more consistent and appear to be a higher quality. I have seen RRA NM triggers go bad and I got one bad one.

I ordered a LaRue MBT 2S on October 4 and it was delivered October 26. I ordered two 17 round E-Landers at the same time which are still on back order. Even with the delay in shipping and no live enventory on LaRue’s web site I’ll probably buy more MBT 2S triggers.

I was going to comment on the RRA, I’m really glad you spoke up before I did. Your experience w/the RRA is actually better than mine. These have always been hit or miss and, for whatever reason, seen to “wear out” or even “wear in” over time (get better or worse). They used to be one of the most popular trigger “upgrades” out there but, quite honestly, I’d rather run a polished single stage Mil-Spec trigger. I can count on one of those over time.

Lead time on the LaRue triggers has varied quite a bit since their introduction. Lead time as of late has been longer than I can remember in recent history. Undoubtedly this is due to the $87 deal that he’s been running right now. If anybody is really hard up for one and needs it NOW, I may be able to help. Otherwise, just get an order in a be patient. I have several on backorder right now as well. E-Landers through LaRue always seem to take a while. I don’t know if Mark doesn’t keep a good stock of these on hand or what but I’ve never had an order for these turn over in less than a couple of months. That might be why I have so many more ASC mags? I do prefer the 17-round E-Lander to the 15-round ASC though so, for those, I’m forced to wait. My last E-Lander mag order through LaRue was about 2 months ago and, thus far, there hasn’t even been a hint that it will be shipping anytime soon.

My recent Geissele orders have turned over a little quicker than my LaRue orders over the past month or so but, with their great BF deals, Geissele has been a little behind as well. I guess that’s an indication of how well their sales have gone for them (which is good for all of us in the long run).
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Just ordered the Grendel a trigger! - by 6.5Geo - 12-14-2018, 04:42 AM
Just ordered the Grendel a trigger! - by treed - 12-14-2018, 03:02 PM
Just ordered the Grendel a trigger! - by VASCAR2 - 12-14-2018, 03:14 PM
Just ordered the Grendel a trigger! - by 65Whelen - 12-14-2018, 03:46 PM
Just ordered the Grendel a trigger! - by Les - 12-14-2018, 11:33 PM
Just ordered the Grendel a trigger! - by heavy260 - 12-15-2018, 01:32 AM
Just ordered the Grendel a trigger! - by rebby - 12-15-2018, 05:08 AM
Just ordered the Grendel a trigger! - by 41bear - 12-15-2018, 10:23 AM
Just ordered the Grendel a trigger! - by Swampfox - 12-15-2018, 10:38 PM
Just ordered the Grendel a trigger! - by 6.5Geo - 12-16-2018, 04:20 PM
Just ordered the Grendel a trigger! - by VASCAR2 - 12-16-2018, 05:03 PM
Just ordered the Grendel a trigger! - by rebby - 12-16-2018, 09:33 PM
Just ordered the Grendel a trigger! - by c3k - 12-18-2018, 06:53 PM
Just ordered the Grendel a trigger! - by MarkS - 12-18-2018, 08:23 PM
Just ordered the Grendel a trigger! - by bj139 - 12-23-2018, 06:56 PM
Just ordered the Grendel a trigger! - by murfvol - 12-24-2018, 04:03 PM
Just ordered the Grendel a trigger! - by ErikS - 12-25-2018, 12:20 AM
Just ordered the Grendel a trigger! - by rebby - 12-26-2018, 11:12 PM
Just ordered the Grendel a trigger! - by rebby - 12-28-2018, 04:58 PM
Just ordered the Grendel a trigger! - by FRB6.5 - 12-28-2018, 05:03 PM
Just ordered the Grendel a trigger! - by Dinny - 12-30-2018, 02:22 PM
Just ordered the Grendel a trigger! - by treed - 12-30-2018, 02:36 PM
Just ordered the Grendel a trigger! - by SDW - 12-30-2018, 05:06 PM
Just ordered the Grendel a trigger! - by 6.5Geo - 01-05-2019, 12:15 AM
Just ordered the Grendel a trigger! - by Icecold - 01-06-2019, 04:28 PM
Just ordered the Grendel a trigger! - by SDW - 01-08-2019, 04:23 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)