12-12-2018, 01:43 AM
To clarify when I use an adjustable gas block I don't ever have to adjust it for different ammo or weather. Just make sure it cycles the most anemic loads you will ever use and you are good to go. The only exception is with a suppressor, but that's a problem with a normal gas block as well and with an adjustable you actually can turn it down for that use.
With the restriction style GB I don't think you would see anymore port errosion either, if anything you would see less because less gas is traveling through the port. The venting type systems I can see causing slightly more errosion though.
To each their own. I wouldn't put one on a rifle that is running perfect without one but if you want to play around with optimization some sort of gas control seems to be required. Interesting thread!
With the restriction style GB I don't think you would see anymore port errosion either, if anything you would see less because less gas is traveling through the port. The venting type systems I can see causing slightly more errosion though.
To each their own. I wouldn't put one on a rifle that is running perfect without one but if you want to play around with optimization some sort of gas control seems to be required. Interesting thread!

