Londerko Wrote:Thanks for the info
Are You looking for velocity spikes within small powder charge increments?
Absolutely.
Years ago I took some advice from bwaites and LRRPF52 and focused on my velocity vs brass signs with the Grendel cartridge.
It's a relatively low pressure cartridge compared to most other AR variants, and it seems when you do start seeing swipes, burrs, flattened primers you are already over max pressure.
I watch for sudden jumps in velocity that are out of line with what that barrel length/charge/bullet should be. With the Grendel handbooks and the boat load of info on this forum it's easy to get a pretty good idea what velocities you should be around.
With this in mind, I've never broken a bolt or had any failures of any kind with my Grendels. I'm getting 9-12 loads out of brass (Hornady) unless I get some kind of pre-mature neck splitting.

