Kswhitetails Wrote:If you assembled the upper, it's worth the effort to take it back down to parts, and polish the chamber with some rouge or polishing compound. A 20ga chamber mop dripping in CLP, then with some 1000+ compound at 2mins finished mine. Slow rotation, ~450 RPM. You're looking to clean the chamber walls and nitride finish, not cook the mop.Hi. I am planning to something like this with my Ballistic Advantage chamber. The rifle shoots great, but it is leaving odd scratches on the neck. The situation is described in this thread:
http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...-neck-edge
So I am buying some bore mops in various sizes to try to smooth that edge at the transition between the shoulder and the neck.
Question though. What I currently have in the way of polishing compounds are some Dremel brand #421 rouge and a tube of Simichrome metal polish.
Are either of those suitable? I think Simichrome might be too fine to do this kind of job. Or should I get an assortment like this, which contains more aggressive compounds to start with?
BTW, sorry about the huge image below. I found it on ebay and it appears much smaller there.

