12-05-2018, 08:59 AM
[ATTACH=CONFIG]13295[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]13296[/ATTACH]
Got a Monster bolt from the Faxon 12" group buy a year or so ago, the original group buy, not any follow-up ones (in case it matters in terms of lot for the bolt parts etc)
First of all, I'm not blaming the extractor, at least not directly. 12" Faxon barrel, carbine buffer tube and spring, 9mm buffer, standard gas block, suppressor. With this setup, it runs hard and is really, REALLY overgassed. I have to wipe the bolt down and clean carbon every 30-40 rounds. Without the 9mm buffer, the gun ejected brass at 1-2 o'clock. With the 9mm buffer, 3-4 o'clock is the norm, and mostly 4 o'clock.
I have an adjustable gas block to install, to minimize gas, as the gun is only ever run suppressed. I'm hoping that someone here will tell me that the gun running hard can break extractors. I've probably put 200 rounds through it, prior to this issue.
I'd also love to heard how those of you who are running 12" suppressed guns have tamed the gun (buffer, spring, etc)
Thanks.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]13296[/ATTACH]
Got a Monster bolt from the Faxon 12" group buy a year or so ago, the original group buy, not any follow-up ones (in case it matters in terms of lot for the bolt parts etc)
First of all, I'm not blaming the extractor, at least not directly. 12" Faxon barrel, carbine buffer tube and spring, 9mm buffer, standard gas block, suppressor. With this setup, it runs hard and is really, REALLY overgassed. I have to wipe the bolt down and clean carbon every 30-40 rounds. Without the 9mm buffer, the gun ejected brass at 1-2 o'clock. With the 9mm buffer, 3-4 o'clock is the norm, and mostly 4 o'clock.
I have an adjustable gas block to install, to minimize gas, as the gun is only ever run suppressed. I'm hoping that someone here will tell me that the gun running hard can break extractors. I've probably put 200 rounds through it, prior to this issue.
I'd also love to heard how those of you who are running 12" suppressed guns have tamed the gun (buffer, spring, etc)
Thanks.

