Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Drop in forearm vs. free float
#8
RMiller Wrote:I might use my 25-45 Sharps for a test subject.

It shoots great to 300 yards and I have already taken deer with it.

It has been user friendly from the word go.

But that aluminum forearm does get cold on snowy days.

I will have to try the unipod technique myself.

I got some inexpensive polymer panels from bcm which make the handguard quite comfortable in cold weather. G10 panels are on my other gun (before I found the BCM ones) and they have a nice wood like feel in the cold, but also pricey.

On my 223 rifle, before I free floated the handguard, I had a magpul MOE. On the moe I had a rail piece with a sitting height bipod attached to it. I zeroed the gun over a sandbag at 200 yards and it shot great. I added the bipod and shoot at 200, my groups were about 8" high. The pressure needed to stabilize the bipod, caused it to pull on the handguard drastically affected my impact. I will never not have a free floated handguard/stock on a rifle again.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Drop in forearm vs. free float - by RMiller - 12-01-2018, 06:24 PM
Drop in forearm vs. free float - by A5BLASTER - 12-01-2018, 06:38 PM
Drop in forearm vs. free float - by VASCAR2 - 12-01-2018, 08:21 PM
Drop in forearm vs. free float - by LRRPF52 - 12-01-2018, 09:16 PM
Drop in forearm vs. free float - by sneaky one - 12-01-2018, 10:04 PM
Drop in forearm vs. free float - by NeilVT79 - 12-01-2018, 10:40 PM
Drop in forearm vs. free float - by RMiller - 12-02-2018, 02:49 AM
Drop in forearm vs. free float - by imaguy3 - 12-03-2018, 01:28 AM
Drop in forearm vs. free float - by NugginFutz - 12-03-2018, 03:05 AM
Drop in forearm vs. free float - by FRB6.5 - 12-03-2018, 03:53 AM
Drop in forearm vs. free float - by Wafavre2 - 12-03-2018, 11:29 AM
Drop in forearm vs. free float - by Sixoeight - 12-03-2018, 05:21 PM
Drop in forearm vs. free float - by RMiller - 12-03-2018, 07:01 PM
Drop in forearm vs. free float - by bj139 - 12-03-2018, 09:24 PM
Drop in forearm vs. free float - by LRRPF52 - 12-05-2018, 08:51 PM
Drop in forearm vs. free float - by RMiller - 12-06-2018, 03:32 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)