Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Advice on polishing out some light chamber burrs at the shoulder-neck edge
#5
Technically I think I could do it using this method. In the picture is a section of old cleaning rod. If I use those bore sponges for the polishing then I would need to use this rod no matter what. And hitting the ramps with a Dremel with little polishing wheels would be super easy. But maybe it'd be easier to check my progress if the barrel wasn't in the receiver. Might be easier to clean up all the polishing gunk latter as well.

BTW, I did contact BA tech support about this situation. I admit that I do not understand this explanation they gave, but it doesn't seem to explain the how the scratches would get 360 degrees around the neck, and be scratched through the black coating:

"Marks like that happen when the round is feed into the chamber. This is due to the neck size of the brass and the way it interacts with the feed ramps. If you have a small Dremel, you can knock down the edge slightly to possibly keep this from happening again."


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Advice on polishing out some light chamber burrs at the shoulder-neck edge - by SDW - 12-01-2018, 07:21 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)