12-01-2018, 06:55 PM
rwh Wrote:I'm still on the same quart of Mobil 1 5W40 I was using when this thread started. I use a precision oiler for RC cars to put a few drops along the places where the receiver touches the bolt carrier and a little around the bolt and so far so good. A few drops of oil goes a long way. I expect a quart of oil will last me 20 years unless my hinges start squeaking.
Same here though I use 0w soley due to the frozen north.
To clean, I soak the bolt in a bottle of Hoppes carbon cleaner. After a few minutes, I pull it out, wipe it down and remove and left on carbon. The resr of the BCG gets a wipe down.
Fir the barrel, I use foaming bore cleaner and let it sit. Once I can see down the barrel, a quick squirt of CLP and a few passes with a bore snake.
Once fully assembled, I use a Mosin Nagant oiler bottle to put a few drops of Mobil 1 0w30 into the gas holes of the carrier then cycle it a few times to oil the rings.

