11-22-2018, 04:47 AM
RubberDucky Wrote:After cleaning the barrel and following PSA’s break in procedure I was able to get my upper shooting in the 2.5 MOA range with Hornady ELD ammo. I will say the first two rounds were always under 2 MOA, maybe the light barrel just doesn’t like getting warm????
Either way, I was confident enough to shoot a deer at 320 yds this afternoon. It hit right where it was supposed to and deer only ran 40 yds.
Very nice! Great shot!!!
I bought both a stainless and a nitrite version of these. I’ve only shot the nitrite gun so far and was getting groups in the 1-2” range @ 50y (off the bench with an S&B Polar in a Geissle mount). I tore it down a few days later and found that the barrel nut was torqued obnoxiously high, there was a quite a bit of slop between the upper and the barrel extension, and the flash suppressor was tightened until the crush washer was flat. Prior to reassembly I cleaned up the chamber and feed ramps a little although they weren’t terrible out of the box. I also lapped the upper and reassembled with Loctite 620 torquing the barrel nut to a much more reasonable value (I did the same with the flash suppressor). I still have a little work to do with the bolt/BCG but I won’t get crazy with either. Due to what I found on the nitrite gun, I preemptively went after the stainless upper and found it to be built in the exact same manner.
I’m hoping that this little bit of attention tighten the guns up some but don’t have crazy expectations either. I’m essentially looking for a lower cost alternative that can be made to shoot well with minimal effort. If a barrel R&R and some quick polishing can do that for me, I’ll have a winner. Now I’m just waiting on some decent temperatures to get back out to the range.
What type of “accurizing” are others doing with these? Any really promising results yet?

