aephilli822 Wrote:Some people like to cycle The Actual Rounds that they are gonna carry in the rifle on the hunt. (before driving 20 or flying 2000 miles to get there)
Yes. You understand. I doubt there is a single person reading this that has only placed a live round in a chamber while at the range.
I bought a bolt action and it would not chamber a round. The store owner took a few live rounds from new boxes and the bolt would not close.
He tried to chamber them in the store. He sent it for finish reaming and it now shoots well.
People do this all the time.
I didn't mention before in this thread that I did have a slam fire while at the range.
It was while chambering a round and letting the bolt slam forward.
I have been worried about slam fires ever since. I didn't think they were possible before that.

