11-18-2018, 05:29 PM
Yeah I've been waiting on that test for awhile. He already tested the SST, but the ELD-M in the Black line is the only factory ammo I can ever find locally.
The zero range test on the 12 inch barrel should indicate performance at about 200 yards of a 16-20 inch barreled gun, give or take. 30 yards from my 20 inch didn't even exit a coyote for me, so the closer in you are you should expect some reduced penetration.
I know that Double Knaught has had some inconsistent performance on hogs using the ELD-M, however. This is a long the same lines most people have criticized the SST over, somewhat inconsistent performance. Seems like the .264 123 grain ELD-M has more in common with the SST than it does with the other ELD-M bullets... and many still believe it's just the A-MAX with the heat shield tip, anyway.
I'm gonna keep hunting with it, regardless. I think it's a pretty good load to use for self-defense up to medium game and on paper punching. What else can you really ask out of a bullet?
The zero range test on the 12 inch barrel should indicate performance at about 200 yards of a 16-20 inch barreled gun, give or take. 30 yards from my 20 inch didn't even exit a coyote for me, so the closer in you are you should expect some reduced penetration.
I know that Double Knaught has had some inconsistent performance on hogs using the ELD-M, however. This is a long the same lines most people have criticized the SST over, somewhat inconsistent performance. Seems like the .264 123 grain ELD-M has more in common with the SST than it does with the other ELD-M bullets... and many still believe it's just the A-MAX with the heat shield tip, anyway.
I'm gonna keep hunting with it, regardless. I think it's a pretty good load to use for self-defense up to medium game and on paper punching. What else can you really ask out of a bullet?

