Failure to lock
#1
I was deer hunting with my 18” Faxon build and noticed when I charged the first round my bolt would not fully lock into battery. When i went to eject it I had to slam the butt against the ground to get the cartridge to eject. I found two marks on the rim of the case. It made me think I have a tight chamber or short throat. It has worked fine until the weather changed. I swapped carrier groups with my 12” build and same thing. Then I tried the same cartridge in my 12” with the original 12” carrier. Still failed to lock. I found 3 rounds out of a ten round mag that would not lock up. The ammo is factory Hornady SST. There does seem to be slight marks on the bullet. I will post pics when I get off of work. With it happening on 3 of 10 rounds I’m leaning towards ammo issue. Can the Horde give me any advice to what issue I might be having?
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Failure to lock - by Redomen - 11-13-2018, 02:10 PM
Failure to lock - by A5BLASTER - 11-13-2018, 02:13 PM
Failure to lock - by Redomen - 11-13-2018, 02:24 PM
Failure to lock - by A5BLASTER - 11-13-2018, 02:43 PM
Failure to lock - by bj139 - 11-13-2018, 04:43 PM
Failure to lock - by LRRPF52 - 11-13-2018, 07:17 PM
Failure to lock - by Redomen - 11-14-2018, 03:45 AM
Failure to lock - by FRB6.5 - 11-14-2018, 04:42 AM
Failure to lock - by Redomen - 11-15-2018, 12:31 AM
Failure to lock - by LRRPF52 - 11-17-2018, 11:05 PM
Failure to lock - by Texas - 11-20-2018, 04:00 AM
Failure to lock - by bj139 - 11-20-2018, 07:15 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)