11-08-2018, 12:04 PM
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2018, 12:06 PM by towerofpower93.)
VASCAR2 Wrote:I’ve got the Nitride 12” PSA 6.5 Grendel pistol kit but have not shot it past 50 yards but mine is gtg. Another great option is the group buy 12” barrel and bolt. There are still good buys on components to help keep build price down. If your looking to build a 6.5 Grendel SBR or pistol I say it’s hard to go wrong with either one.
If your going to swap parts on the PSA 12” upper it might be cheaper in the long run to just buy the parts you want first and build an upper to suit your taste.
Yeah, thought about looking into piecing together an upper, but the PSA really has everything I'd need/want....so long as the barrel is accurate.
I'm a simpleton when it comes to rails and charging handles and the like, so a simple MLOK free float rail and a charging handle I can RTV to reduce blowback in my face with a can on the end is more than adequate for my needs. I'd just stick a section of pic rail on the 6 o'clock for my bipod and call it a day. Even has the right 5/8x24 thread pitch on the muzzle for an AAC 51T suppressor mount or I'd just direct thread my Hybrid46.
I'm just leery of whether or not there have been enough received by folks who've taken them to distance with factory and/or handloads. I guess many/most of these uppers got bought up by folks already into 6.5G who wanted a truck gun/brush gun and weren't so much worried about the 400yds and beyond.
Have a couple weeks to do some more research before a Black Friday deal or code might twist my arm, haha.

