11-05-2018, 04:45 PM
Deer season here starts Saturday. Yesterday was my last real chance to shoot and sight in before the opening. I'm not wasting anymore time on that upper until after the season. Now I'm gonna have to take time off work in the middle of the day to confirm the zero on my ten pound 20 inch rifle... which I now get to lug around instead of the 12 incher all season. Guess better than borrowing a rifle.
I didn't buy the PSA upper kit because I wanted to spend hours stripping it down and building it back up correctly if they made a mistake. IMO any off the shelf AR upper should hold 2 moa with decent ammo, and that's all I was expecting this one to do. Either the barrel is crappy or the assembly is crappy, either of which is on PSA. I would consider sending it back, but it was on clearance and I dont know what their policy is on clearance items. They would probably warranty it but at this point I would rather not sit and play the waiting game for months and waste ammo testing it out to see if it's fixed yet or not.
I'm just gonna strip it down and rebuild it over Christmas, and it will shoot however it ends up shooting. If it has to remain a close ranger steel case pinker, so be it. With an AR15 I would rather deal with accuracy issues than reliability issues, I can adjust my range according to the accuracy.
I didn't buy the PSA upper kit because I wanted to spend hours stripping it down and building it back up correctly if they made a mistake. IMO any off the shelf AR upper should hold 2 moa with decent ammo, and that's all I was expecting this one to do. Either the barrel is crappy or the assembly is crappy, either of which is on PSA. I would consider sending it back, but it was on clearance and I dont know what their policy is on clearance items. They would probably warranty it but at this point I would rather not sit and play the waiting game for months and waste ammo testing it out to see if it's fixed yet or not.
I'm just gonna strip it down and rebuild it over Christmas, and it will shoot however it ends up shooting. If it has to remain a close ranger steel case pinker, so be it. With an AR15 I would rather deal with accuracy issues than reliability issues, I can adjust my range according to the accuracy.

