10-08-2018, 08:44 AM
Have done some more testing with the 108gr Lapua Scenar bullet.
Have tried to find a node with a little more speed.
My initial testing ended at 28,0gr with the 108gr Scenar and the VV N133 powder. The published data is 27,8gr as a maximun load, and the 28,0gr looked to be a safe maxload.
But went a bit higher and have tested from 28,0gr up to 28,8gr.
After this testing, I found a node around 28,2gr of N133.
Loaded up 5 loads with 5 shots each.
Here is the result:
28,0gr
Avg: 835 mps
SD: 2
ES: 6
Hi: 838
Lo: 832
28,1gr
Avg: 836 mps
SD: 3
ES: 8
Hi: 841
Lo: 833
28,2gr
Avg: 835 mps
SD: 1
ES: 4
Hi: 838
Lo: 834
28,3gr
Avg: 837 mps
SD: 2
ES: 5
Hi: 840
Lo: 835
28,4gr
Avg: 839 mps
SD: 3
ES: 8
Hi: 844
Lo: 836
I´m quite happy with this result. There is very little difference between 28,0gr and 28,4gr and I will settle with the 28,2gr. This load also gave the lowest SD/ES.
The testing will continue with different jump and see if the load also preforms on target.
Have tried to find a node with a little more speed.
My initial testing ended at 28,0gr with the 108gr Scenar and the VV N133 powder. The published data is 27,8gr as a maximun load, and the 28,0gr looked to be a safe maxload.
But went a bit higher and have tested from 28,0gr up to 28,8gr.
After this testing, I found a node around 28,2gr of N133.
Loaded up 5 loads with 5 shots each.
Here is the result:
28,0gr
Avg: 835 mps
SD: 2
ES: 6
Hi: 838
Lo: 832
28,1gr
Avg: 836 mps
SD: 3
ES: 8
Hi: 841
Lo: 833
28,2gr
Avg: 835 mps
SD: 1
ES: 4
Hi: 838
Lo: 834
28,3gr
Avg: 837 mps
SD: 2
ES: 5
Hi: 840
Lo: 835
28,4gr
Avg: 839 mps
SD: 3
ES: 8
Hi: 844
Lo: 836
I´m quite happy with this result. There is very little difference between 28,0gr and 28,4gr and I will settle with the 28,2gr. This load also gave the lowest SD/ES.
The testing will continue with different jump and see if the load also preforms on target.

