Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Range report - 12.7" Faxon group buy barrel
#33
tucansam Wrote:That's interesting. I hadn't heard that before, however I suppose the science might make sense, if you account for pressure waves reflecting off the earth. Then again, one would think the bullet might be travelling fast enough to outrun said pressure waves before they exerted an influence on the path of flight.

I generally shoot out of the bed of my truck, nice and comfy on a yoga mat covered with an old gortex sleeping bed liner. My old bones don't like to stay prone for long periods of time anymore without some creature comforts. But I had the vise mount thing attached to my trailer hitch, so I couldn't put down the tailgate to shoot. Hence, I shot off the ground. But I will get the rifle up off the ground next time.

I have a few boxes of the Hornady left, Black, AMAX, and SST. Now that I think the rifle may shoot, I'm going to retest everything I have and see where I'm at.

Best method to test what the rifle can do is off a bench with the gun bag front and back with some nice thick sandbags that it can settle down into.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Range report - 12.7" Faxon group buy barrel - by A5BLASTER - 10-04-2018, 11:48 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)