01-18-2012, 10:24 PM
I would be pretty confident that as of today they are .264 LBC. I called, talked to Deb at Satern, and was told clearly that they will not be producing 6.5 Grendel chambers until they have explicit legal permission to use the 6.5 G name.
Now here is what I GUESS! Purely my own opinion. I suspect they got a "stop manufacturing" order a while back as AA was switching around their barrel suppliers. I suspect they are just being careful, and want to make sure the original mandate is no longer in effect.
Deb said they would "like" to build 6.5 G barrels again, but are waiting on clarification before even ordering the reamer! She will put you on a wait list and let you know when they start building 6.5 G barrels again. I haven't got my email yet.
But as said above - best to call yourself, so your exact question is answered.
Now here is what I GUESS! Purely my own opinion. I suspect they got a "stop manufacturing" order a while back as AA was switching around their barrel suppliers. I suspect they are just being careful, and want to make sure the original mandate is no longer in effect.
Deb said they would "like" to build 6.5 G barrels again, but are waiting on clarification before even ordering the reamer! She will put you on a wait list and let you know when they start building 6.5 G barrels again. I haven't got my email yet.
But as said above - best to call yourself, so your exact question is answered.
