Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Range report - 12.7" Faxon group buy barrel
#20
LRRPF52 Wrote:The AMU gunsmiths learned that muzzle device torque does have a noticeable and repeatable effect on grouping, but this is usually fine-tuning an upper.

There's a good vide on it I've posted before where the guy explains his process for balancing the torque on the barrel nut and the muzzle device.

That kind of dispersion usually indicates off-centric threads or something wrong with the muzzle device though if the barrel shoots.

With the extra weight of the can on the muzzle, it should tighten the group, not open it up.

Interesting. I will have to look for that video. But as you said it seems unlikely that that is the problem here. This amount of spread indicates something seriously wrong. I would love to hear those caliper measurements and/or a range report with a new muzzle brake. I suspect you will have some interesting results.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Range report - 12.7" Faxon group buy barrel - by Sixoeight - 09-16-2018, 07:20 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)