Well, I may as well follow up on this. I received my Larue trigger a few weeks back. Installed it in that lower that had a Geissele Super Dynamic whatever. The flat trigger model. I have to say it's a very different feel from the SD. It's wider and feels angled farther back a little I think, than the standard Guisseles or GI triggers. Definitely a crisper 2nd stage brake than my SD.
Since no one else seems to be using the heavier trigger spring, I decided to do that and see how it measures. And anyway, 3# is too light for this lower's application. The Larue trigger breaks at an average (of three tests) 4 lbs-15 oz. So call it 5#. For my application I think it'll be perfect.
And there you go. With the two springs they supply, you can either have a nice, light 3# two-stage for precision work, or a nice, crisp but firmer 5# trigger for more general purpose use.
Since no one else seems to be using the heavier trigger spring, I decided to do that and see how it measures. And anyway, 3# is too light for this lower's application. The Larue trigger breaks at an average (of three tests) 4 lbs-15 oz. So call it 5#. For my application I think it'll be perfect.
And there you go. With the two springs they supply, you can either have a nice, light 3# two-stage for precision work, or a nice, crisp but firmer 5# trigger for more general purpose use.

