Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Faxon GB Brass Scratcher
#17
BluntForceTrauma Wrote:OP, that kind of brass scratching is not acceptable for a new barrel.

Send that sumbitch back to me for chamber polishing.

I'm on vacation til next week, but PM me to make arrangements.


I guess I got my GB 16" Monster Faxon in April, but it wasn't until a couple of months ago that I noticed the scratching of the brass for about the first quarter-inch of the body just below the shoulder (just like keystone's image). Inspecting with a Bore-cam, I could see the issue. I contacted Faxon and they sent me the RMA, and I sent the barrel in. I got and email from Faxon about three weeks later stating that all the "artifacts" had been polished out of the chamber and were gone. I got the barrel back a little over a week ago and the first thing I did was look at it with my bore-cam. It looks the same, which upset me. Faxon then told me to shoot it and I would see that the issue is resolved.

I just cycled 5 handloads put up in brand new Starline brass through the rifle and I see no evidence of the remaining visible nitride artifacts scratching the brass. If the freekin rain will stop I may shoot the rifle tomorrow to see if the issue is indeed resolved, and if so, that is that. BUT, I have to say that being told that the chamber had been polished and there was no trace of the "artifacts" remaining---only to see that there was no visible change when I inspected it---does not leave me with a warm fuzzy feeling.

I understand mistakes, and I understand mistakes getting past QC...but I do not understand being told something that is visibly untrue. Be that as it may, if it still shoots MOA and does not scratch my brass I will be satisfied but I don't know how much faith I'll ever have in Faxon in the future.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Faxon GB Brass Scratcher - by keystone183 - 07-20-2018, 08:47 PM
Faxon GB Brass Scratcher - by Sixoeight - 07-20-2018, 08:52 PM
Faxon GB Brass Scratcher - by keystone183 - 07-20-2018, 08:56 PM
Faxon GB Brass Scratcher - by Sixoeight - 07-20-2018, 09:52 PM
Faxon GB Brass Scratcher - by BCHunter - 07-20-2018, 10:11 PM
Faxon GB Brass Scratcher - by 1075 tech - 07-20-2018, 10:59 PM
Faxon GB Brass Scratcher - by ErikS - 07-20-2018, 11:01 PM
Faxon GB Brass Scratcher - by Kswhitetails - 07-21-2018, 10:27 PM
Faxon GB Brass Scratcher - by LRRPF52 - 07-21-2018, 11:02 PM
Faxon GB Brass Scratcher - by pinetreebbs - 07-22-2018, 01:56 AM
Faxon GB Brass Scratcher - by Kswhitetails - 07-22-2018, 04:30 AM
Faxon GB Brass Scratcher - by Cotay - 07-28-2018, 10:51 PM
Faxon GB Brass Scratcher - by ErikS - 08-01-2018, 12:12 AM
Faxon GB Brass Scratcher - by bj139 - 08-01-2018, 01:48 AM
Faxon GB Brass Scratcher - by BluntForceTrauma - 08-01-2018, 03:30 AM
Faxon GB Brass Scratcher - by keystone183 - 08-20-2018, 06:04 PM
Faxon GB Brass Scratcher - by RiverRider - 09-09-2018, 12:35 AM
Faxon GB Brass Scratcher - by RiverRider - 09-10-2018, 01:48 AM
Faxon GB Brass Scratcher - by SDW - 12-08-2018, 06:07 PM
Faxon GB Brass Scratcher - by SDW - 12-08-2018, 07:51 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)