08-27-2018, 12:09 AM
Cajuntransplant Wrote:You have the same setup as mine?
Not trying to sound cocky but why is that your assumption? Using the shared quickload data here i'm under the powder charges for the bullets but i'm close to the velocities listed and I have no pressure signs on my brass except for the occasional swipe when it's hot and the gun is run hard. What speeds do you think I should be seeing then with a supressed 18" satern barrel for those bullets then that are safe? I should be 2400 and 2500 for the 123s and 107s? You think I just have a tighter chamber(?) maybe and the loads are too much?
Cajun,
It's my assumption because I have an 18" barrel and have never cracked a bolt. You have cracked two. Your loads are 100fps more than mine. I am also familiar with reloading and suppressors. Sometimes the most obvious and irresistible inference is the right answer. My experience is that loads on this website are on average hot, in part encouraged by the Grendel having a relatively small boiler room for a 6.5. Let's also not forget that the AR15 is a relatively fragile action compared to bolt guns. It's less forgiving to pushing the envelope.
I have not used AR-Comp. When I read your post I opened QL and looked at what pressure it takes to reach your numbers and it is what it is, a hot load. What more can I say?

