Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Scratches and marks in AR chambers..... What is excessive and what is OK?
#19
I posted my thoughts above, making my assumptions on experience loosely based on honing a few brake cylinders over the years. I was always surprised at how fast the 500 grit compounds would cut those and actually remove any wear ridges in them, though perhaps the steel is softer in them than in a gun barrel. I've never personally used a brush hone, as I could never justify the cost of the tool for a one time usage, when the compounds are 3 bucks a tube...
Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Scratches and marks in AR chambers..... What is excessive and what is OK? - by Kswhitetails - 08-24-2018, 07:22 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)