Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Barrel Length Question
#1
Hey folks. I am about to build another rifle and am wondering about "real world" difference in velocity between the 18" (Middy gas) and the 20" (rifle gas) length barrels.

I know it depends on what I want the rifle to do etc, etc.......BUT has anyone had the opportunity to chrono these? I guess it's a difficult question because of all the variables involved. I don't need an exact to the f.p.s. answer.

I guess my real question is: "Will the 18" barrel be combat effective at 800 meters?" I have to think that it will be looking at the ballistic data on AA's site. I am just wondering if the extra 2" is worth the weight and length I guess. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

LHClarke
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Barrel Length Question - by LHClarke - 04-14-2011, 07:56 PM
Barrel Length Question - by VASCAR2 - 04-14-2011, 09:07 PM
Barrel Length Question - by LHClarke - 04-14-2011, 10:41 PM
Barrel Length Question - by LR1955 - 04-15-2011, 12:46 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)