07-31-2018, 12:29 AM
I just finished my 6.5 Grendel build several weeks ago and have had nothing but issues. This is my third AR build and havent had any issues like this, however it was inevitable as Ive been very lucky it seems.
Issues are light primer strikes, noticed primer strikes when the gun cycles and feeding issues i.e. double feeding and some not extracting. The very first shot did not go bang. Worst feeling ever! I have tried two triggers, different buffers, cleaned and lubed etc.
Most recent is that my rifle wont go into battery. It lacks about 3/4 - 1 before fully going in.
My build is as follows:
Weapons Smart Skeletonized Lower
Elftmann Push button safety
Elftmann 3-gun trigger
H2 Buffer w/ Giselle Spring
Grendel Hunter 18 Fluted Upper
ASC Magazines
This is my first Grendel so I was/am just trying to get advice. Dont think Grendel Hunter did anything as I am just trying to find a solution and make a reliable hunting rifle!!!
Thanks in advance for the help and advice!
Issues are light primer strikes, noticed primer strikes when the gun cycles and feeding issues i.e. double feeding and some not extracting. The very first shot did not go bang. Worst feeling ever! I have tried two triggers, different buffers, cleaned and lubed etc.
Most recent is that my rifle wont go into battery. It lacks about 3/4 - 1 before fully going in.
My build is as follows:
Weapons Smart Skeletonized Lower
Elftmann Push button safety
Elftmann 3-gun trigger
H2 Buffer w/ Giselle Spring
Grendel Hunter 18 Fluted Upper
ASC Magazines
This is my first Grendel so I was/am just trying to get advice. Dont think Grendel Hunter did anything as I am just trying to find a solution and make a reliable hunting rifle!!!
Thanks in advance for the help and advice!

