I shouldn't really say build because all you do is mount the barrel, hand guards and install the LT Rat Stock combo.
Only have 60 rounds on it so far but it looks like it might be a shooter?
I will be working up my own hand loads for this build once I collect about 100 pieces of brass for it.
.
Put some factory Hornady 123 gr SST's through it and I ended up with 1" groups at 100yds.
The grid on the site-in target are 1' and the grid on the Larue target are 1/4".
The Larue target was set up at 150 yds and the groups opened up to 2+ inches there and I'm not sure why that happened? You would think that only 50 more yards wouldn't make that big of a difference, but of course the barrel is still new and maybe that's a factor?
I checked to make sure everything was tight and the barrel is torqued to 50 foot-pounds as per the Larue instructions and I'm wondering if maybe I need to go a little tighter, because I believe I remember reading here to go with more torque for Grendel barrels than you would for a 5.56?
Anyways below are the targets, and circled in red are not flyers but are three shots I took to zero to the center. Any other flyers other than those are me.
I did use a front and rear rest which were pretty solid and I do get 1/2-3/4" at 150 yds with my Larue stealth 18" useing 77 gr SMK's and Berger 77 tactical's with this same method.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12360[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12361[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12362[/ATTACH]
Only have 60 rounds on it so far but it looks like it might be a shooter?
I will be working up my own hand loads for this build once I collect about 100 pieces of brass for it.
.
Put some factory Hornady 123 gr SST's through it and I ended up with 1" groups at 100yds.
The grid on the site-in target are 1' and the grid on the Larue target are 1/4".
The Larue target was set up at 150 yds and the groups opened up to 2+ inches there and I'm not sure why that happened? You would think that only 50 more yards wouldn't make that big of a difference, but of course the barrel is still new and maybe that's a factor?
I checked to make sure everything was tight and the barrel is torqued to 50 foot-pounds as per the Larue instructions and I'm wondering if maybe I need to go a little tighter, because I believe I remember reading here to go with more torque for Grendel barrels than you would for a 5.56?
Anyways below are the targets, and circled in red are not flyers but are three shots I took to zero to the center. Any other flyers other than those are me.
I did use a front and rear rest which were pretty solid and I do get 1/2-3/4" at 150 yds with my Larue stealth 18" useing 77 gr SMK's and Berger 77 tactical's with this same method.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12360[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12361[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12362[/ATTACH]

